22. August 2009 00:49
Wow, summer has flown by. I can’t believe it is almost September! It has been an amazing summer; one of the best of my professional career. I want to sincerely thank each of you for your kind words and support of my work. I am very passionate about what I do; so please don’t ever hesitate to email me if I can ever help you in any way (Alan@StrongerTeam.com).
With summer winding down and school about to start I wanted to give a quick update as well as preview what’s coming this fall:
- My next blog will post the first week of September. I will do my absolute best to post an entry at the beginning of each week. A few future topics will include “why failure is a good thing,” “the importance of professional development,” and “effective networking for coaches and players.” I will also post several blogs on pre-season training recommendations and outline everything you need to do to get in remarkable basketball shape! So make sure you check back weekly. I will continue to post book reviews and re-caps of my fall events.
- Shop.StrongerTeam.com is now officially open and carries my full line of DVD’s. Please email me directly if you have questions on which ones best meet your needs.
- I will be sending out an e-newsletter in the middle of September which will be full of valuable content and updates. Please email me if you would like to be added to my mailing list (Alan@StrongerTeam.com).
- I will post my fall travel schedule in early September as well. I am putting the finishing touches on my Cutting Edge Reaction, Quickness, and Agility for Basketball Players traveling clinic series. The tour will have several stops across the country. In addition I am scheduled to speak at 4-6 coaching clinics. Please stay tuned to the schedule and come say hello if you are ever at one of my events.
- This will mark my 7th year as the head strength & conditioning coach at Montrose Christian. I plan on adding a new feature to my weekly blogs this fall; “Montrose-isms.” I will share many of the insights and intricacies we have used for years to build our program.
As always, for daily coaching points, motivational quotes, and videos of the “exercise of the week”, please follow me (and subscribe) to:
Train hard. Train smart.